Friday, June 28, 2013

Crabtree & Evelyn - Ulta-moisturising hand therapy: LILY [Review]

Welcome back to my blog Beauty Lovers!

The product that I am reviewing today is my current favourite hand cream. It is Crabtree & Evelyn's Lily hand therapy. Crabtree & Evelyn describes this product as:

"Our award-winning hand cream takes moisturisation to a new level with shea butter and ceramides 3 and 6II to reduce moisture loss while promoting your skin’s hydration level. Moisturising macadamia nut oil and conditioning English flower extracts also support this extraordinary cream, delivering beautiful hand benefits".


What makes this hand cream nice to me is outlined below:

1. It gives "light" moisturising/hydration level to the hands and nails leaving a non-greasy finish. 
2. Smells AMAZING! The scent is described as: "A heart of lily of the valley blended with dewy greens, woodland mosses, musk, and ylang ylang". Yes... I suppose is smells like that... but not over-powering at all which I like. I tend to go for a nice subtle scent as opposed to FULL-ON-HARDCORE-IN-YOUR-FACE type scents.
3. I can't stop smelling my hands like a crazy person >.<

Disadvantages

Yes... I know I love this - there shouldn't be any disadvantages right? But well.. there is ONE! 

If you had notice I described the moisturising/hydration level as "light". I feel like my hands start to feel 'dry' after all the product absorbs into the skin - but they don't look dry - hard to explain... but the cream does the job overall.. maybe I'm just to picky. I guess coming from thick hand cream consistencies to a light one is somewhat of a shock.

I tried out the 50g/1.8oz tube which was on sale for $14 Australian dollars.

Here's the official site for any extra queries you may have: http://www.crabtree-evelyn.com.au/p-1468-lily-hand-therapy-50g.aspx

This is my second Crabtree & Evelyn product. The first one is a lotion pump which I will give my thoughts in the next post.

Do you guys have any recommendations for hand creams? I would love to know in the comments section below :)

<3 J

No comments:

Post a Comment